Download our white paper, "The EEOC’s Criminal Background Screening Guidance: 5 Lessons Employers Need to Know" to learn why:
- You should not practice blanket exclusions of candidates with criminal records.
- There are no “safe harbors” for state law conflicts.
- Individualized assessments are de facto requirements.
- Banning the box is recommended for avoiding EEOC scrutiny.
- If a claim is filed against you by the EEOC, anticipate a systemic investigation of your criminal background screening practices.